Are you tired of the prescription medication for ADHD? Are you concern that the medication turns your child into a lifeless zombie, and steals away his/her personality and creativity? We might just have the solution you are looking for at Natural Alternative ADHD Treatment.
WHY NATURAL ALTERNATIVE ADHD TREATMENT?
Most ADHD medications are stimulants that inhibit dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake. Both dopamine and norepinephrine are important brain chemical signals for proper brain function. Chronic use of such medications may increase dopamine and norepinephrine metabolism. This means your body will eventually develop tolerance and dependence on the drug.
Besides, as much as 70% of patients on ADHD medication reports side effects, such as loss of appetite, headaches, sleep disorder, mood swings and personality change. There is also evidence that shows these medications may cause stunt growth. And up to 30% of patients do not respond to stimulants.
On the other hand, natural alternative ADHD treatment works just as well as prescription medication in treating ADHD symptoms, EXCEPT without the side effects mentioned above.
Alternative ADHD treatments are also very affordable compare to prescriptions medications. You can afford these treatments without breaking your bank even with no medical insurance coverage.
VIP Insider Guest List Sign-up
HOW DO YOU START THE NATURAL ALTERNATIVE ADHD TREATMENT?
1. Be sure your child’s nutritional status is up to par. Anyone who is malnourished or nutritionally deficient would not be able to focus, and be irritated.
2. Repair the intestinal flora. Check out probiotics, Body Ecology diet or Specific Carbohydrate diet. These two diets both aim to eliminate yeast overgrowth, while probiotics helps to re-populate the intestine with beneficial bacteria.
3. Epsom salt bath at night to help with detoxification and get your child ready for a good night sleep. This will help minimize the undesirable withdrawals while eliminating dietary opiates, such gluten and/or casein.
4. Remove dietary irritants, such gluten, casein, preservatives, food coloring, artificial sweeteners, MSG, etc. For gluten and casein you’ll have to figure out if your child needs to eliminate those. If your child has a positive wheat or milk allergy, definitely, eliminate gluten and casein.
5. After the intestine is healed and rid of all bad bacteria and overgrowing yeast, then you can introduce supplements, such as fish oil or omega-3-fatty-acids, vitamin B12, etc. If you introduce supplements before the bad bugs are gone, you’ll be just wasting your supplements nourishing the bad bugs.
6. Along with all the diet and supplements, you might also want to introduce meditation or even yoga. For starter, 5 minutes a day is good. Think of mediation as a little quiet break for your child to calm down his/her mind, so he/she is ready for the next task. Researches/studies have shown structural and physiological changes in the brain with frequent meditation. This would be like remodeling of the brain with better material, such as omega-3 fatty acids, which is an awesome structure material for brain cell membranes and myelin sheath.
These are just a few things to get started. However, do not under any circumstance attempt to adjust or discontinue your current medication without consulting your psychiatrist. You may incorporate these natural treatments along with your child’s current medication regimen. As your child’s symptoms slowly improve, you may work with your child’s psychiatrist to adjust his or her medication dosages accordingly.
Learn more about why ADHD is an epidemic in US at A Disease Called Childhood by Marilyn Wedge